Sunday, March 15, 2009

Semana Santa

Semana Santa is a huge festival in Spain during holy week (the week before easter) and one of the biggest, maybe the biggest, festival in all of Spain is in Sevilla. It is still a few weeks away and already bleachers are being set up and you can see people praciticing in the streets. Yesterday I walked by a group of men carrying a cage which apparently during Semana Santa will have people in it. I'm not sure exactly what happens for Semana Santa but I will keep you updated!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJLRYtxvn2Y
Here is a link to a video about Semana Santa in spain if you want to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Yes - I definitely want to see more about your Semana Santa experience! I think that will make an interesting part of your ethnographic work!

    ReplyDelete