Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Updates..

So I am just starting to get ready for my month of travel and of course I am getting sick. So far nothing too serious, just a little cold, but still inconvenient.
As for the city of Sevilla, time is winding down to the start of Semana Santa. You can see people in the streets daily practicing for the events of the holy week. Whether they are practicing with their band or are practicing carrying a paseo (large wooden statues of various virgins, sometimes made of gold!) everyone is getting ready. My senora that I live with is dreading the week she said because so many people will be here in Sevilla that you will be unable to move.
I, however, am looking forward to Semana Santa which will be going on when I get back from Morocco because my parents will be visiting. I am not sure exactly what we will be doing since the city will be so crowded but I’m sure there will be plenty to see.
As for what I have been up to over the past two weeks I have traveled to Extremadura and Cordoba! Extremadura actually turned out to be one of my favorite trips yet. It is a region of Spain about half way down and on the boarder of Portugal that is mostly countryside with small towns. While we were there we got to sleep in a monastery, tour a castle, and take a ten mile hike through the country side! After that fun but somewhat relaxing weekend we had a free weekend here in Sevilla so my friend and I went to Cordoba which is just a day trip from Sevilla. In Cordoba we toured the old Mesquita (mosque) and got to walk around the city for a little bit.
Overall I am still having fun and am excited about my action packed month coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment