Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Adventures in Madrid...

Today was a pretty laid back day without many planned activities, which was nice. We went to the Prado museum in the morning which was interesting but way to big to completely enjoy everything.
After the museum we came back to the hotel for my personal favorite part of the Spanish culture so far, siestas. I am definately going to have to bring this tradition back to the states with me and strictly enforce it in my apartment.
After a lovely siesta my roommates and I watched the inauguration and then went for a walk around town, attempting to speak in Spanish which was probably extremely amusing to anyone who overheard. I also attempted to go to a pharmacy and get some medicine for a sinus problem I'm having which was an adventure in itself. Suprisingly I could read many of the labels and some of the medicines were similar to things in the US so I would recognize them by their packaging or labels.
The highlight of the day today was definately dinner which was a HUGE improvement over the eleven course meal we had last night, all of which were less than appetizing. However, tonight we went to a Spanish pub looking place and I had ostrich for the first time which was suprisingly delicious! Hopefully the food situation will continue to improve! More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment