Monday, January 19, 2009

The arrival...

I’m in Spain! After two flights, one to Philadelphia and then another to Madrid, I am officially in Spain. So far everything has been a breeze, although I have not gotten much accomplished since my arrival. My plane got in about thirty minutes late at 11am Spanish time and about 5am US time. Luckily I was able to sleep almost the entire time on both flights. When we got to the airport I found both of my bags (yay!) and then went with the other students in my program that I had met on my flight and found our leaders. We only waited about 20 minutes for a few other students and then we all went out to our bus that took us through Madrid and to our hotel where my roommates and I have been sleeping ever since. I have only had one mishap so far and that was leaving my backpack on the bus but it turned out to not be a big deal because our leaders were taking that same bus back to the airport to get another group.
We have a group meeting tonight and then take a short walk before dinner! More updates soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment