Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Updates..

I have spent the past few days catching up on sleep and exploring the city of Sevilla. Yesterday we got to tour the school we will be attending, which is actually right outside of the city so we have about a 30 min bus ride to the campus. The school is relatively new and pretty small but growing every year they said.
After the tour of the campus we came back to the city and got to tour the famous cathedral that is in Sevilla. It is the largest gothic cathedral in the world and the third largest cathedral. I have to admit I wasn’t extremely excited about seeing another cathedral but it was pretty impressive and getting to climb the bell tower had some great views of the city. The tower is actually one of the only ones built that doesn’t have stairs going up. Instead it has ramps and people used to right horses up. Unfortunately there are no horses to ride anymore so we had to walk up what started as some really steep inclines, but they got less steep as they got to the top because the horses would get tired.
Today we woke up early and toured the Royal Palace and Gardens which were really amazing. I have a ton of pictures so hopefully they will be up soon!
I think I have forgot to mention in my earlier posts but there are orange trees literally all of Sevilla and today I learned that there 30,000 in total and that they are going to pick them all soon for marmalade! It will be sad to see them all go!
Although I am still getting used to the culture and the food things I am starting to adapt and hopefully soon my Spanish skills will follow! I am hoping to be able to put a link to my pictures and some of my friends pictures soon because I don’t have a fast enough connection to actually upload pictures to this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Beer in vending machines? Ostrich on the menu? I can't wait to see the pictures for your other observations of cultural differences... keep observing and keep posting (with pics as soon as you have connection)! (The beer vending machine might make an interesting note to discuss in your presentations.)

    ReplyDelete